Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Trip to the Fair

Recently we enjoyed a fun family day at the nearby fair. Elizabeth and Jaden went with us, too. When I was growing up, I participated in several 4H clubs (including fair competitions) so it was really fun to show the kids the animals and explain what the kids were doing with them. Sarah couldn't believe that they actually had a 4H club for cats!

This is the view from the top of the ferris wheel. I love the huge shadow on the ground! No fair is complete without a ride on the ferris wheel.


I was "pouting" at the bottom since I couldn't go on the ferris wheel this year. = )


The kids enjoyed the free face painting. Rachel wasn't sure about the whole thing at first, but in the end she loved her "sticker" (that's what we called it so she wouldn't be scared).


Sarah enjoyed meeting the Backyardigans. Benjamin and Rachel weren't so sure about them. In fact, Benjamin kept asking the same question, "Are you SURE those are just people dressed up?"


Garth loved going on a few rides with the kids. Since I am pregnant, Rachel and I stood on the ground waving at Sarah and Bubba (what she calls Benjamin).


Our fun day ended with the traditional fair treat...a funnel cake.

5 comments:

joeandkris513 said...

Looks like lots of fun! Sarah's haircut is really cute. That length is great for her. Sorry you missed out on the ferris wheel. Was that your choice or the operator's? I just rode one less than a month ago.

Anonymous said...

What fun it looks like your family had! Those are always memory making times. Ahhh..so sad about the ferris wheel, though!! I love rides, and when my hubby suggested Disney Land on our trip this July, I said, "No way are we going there when I won't get to go on ANY rides!!" Maybe a bit selfish, but we had a great trip anyway...ok, I almost said, "but oh well!!" hee hee hee!

~Emily

sara said...

FUN!!!

Jenny said...

Looks like fun!! Emily's comment is great... I also will not go to Disney Land when expecting! It's just not as worth it for the whole family. We just love the fair, but I don't know if we will get a chance to go this year. I need to find out when it ends...

Tim and Cindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to our kids being old enough to enjoy something like that. =)