Oh boy...it has been one of those days today. It is laughable now, but we got to the point where we were wondering what else could go wrong! Here are just a few of the highlights from today.
1. We had a flat tire on the way from Columbia, SC to Charlotte, NC. Garth changed it while I kept the kids on the grass on the side of the highway. I had memories of the COPS shows (that I watch way too many of!) where cars run off the highway and hit people on the side. We were thankful that a DOT truck came by and lended a hand.
2. Benjamin got his finger stuck in a small hole in the side of Rachel's carseat. We struggled with getting it out for 20 minutes and were pretty close to calling the fire department for some help. We used lotion and cold water (what we had in the car) to try to get it out. After we got it out, we had to stop and get an ice pack for his finger. It was very swollen and many different colors.
3. I pulled a muscle in my leg, trying to hold Rachel and get up from the ground at the same time. Hopefully it won't be too painful while walking around in the airport tomorrow!
4. Sarah has had a very upset stomach the last three days. The poor girl has hardly eaten anything and gets sick at the thought of food. We've made several quick bathroom stops for her!
5. We left Anderson this morning and figured we'd find breakfast on the way to Columbia (a 2 1/2 hour drive). Well...we didn't realize that we would be taking rural roads so we didn't get breakfast until 11 am. Not a big deal for some...but we were not happy people to be around without breakfast. ;-)
And to top it all off...I now have a migraine (no surprise!). We loved seeing many friends and family this week, but are definitely ready to be home in our own beds.