Thursday, May 7, 2009

Book Review: His Name Is Jesus



I recently had the privilege of doing another book review as a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger. Max Lucado has beautifully written a picturesque view of Christ in his latest book His Name Is Jesus. The book describes our Lord's birth, mission, death, resurrection, and legacy. The words draw on our senses as they tell of each point in Christ's life and you can visualize so vividly each and every scene the author is painting. The graphics in the hardback book add to the text to help you more easily visualize what is being talked about. I felt that this book helped me to get to know my Savior even more as I read texts from Scripture in the book as well as paragraphs depicting what Christ may have seen or heard. My favorite chapter was the one on the cross. Near the end of this chapter the book reads "It was not the soldiers who killed Him, nor the screams of the mob: It was His devotion to us." I came away from this book with a new realization of what Christ did for me and feel closer to my Saviour who lives for ME! It was such a challenge to me to live each and every day for Him. I highly recommend this book to anyone who desires to know more about Christ.

No comments: