Saturday, January 10, 2009

Anybody Home?

I have had to take a step back lately and reevaluate what is most important to me in my life. While I love blogging, other things have had to take priority over the past few days/weeks. Garth and I are on a mission to be more healthy so meal prep and exercise takes more time than it used to. Other commitments that we made are also taking more time and leaving little or no time to update my blog. We are doing well...just busy...like everyone. So for now, my posts will not be as frequent. I'll still post about the big events, but not everyday life as much. I just need to make sure that I am doing what matters most...and for now, that means a slower "blogging life".

1 comment:

Guam Homshers said...

Thanks for your honesty, Beck. We too are making some adustments - in lots of areas! - here at our house.

One of the things that FG and I have started is to track our eating and exercise for the day on a free service called www.thedailyplate.com.

This has been very helpful to us and the charts of what you've been consuming vs. recommended amounts are very eye-opening! You can establish weight goals and/or daily calorie intake goals. I've tried writing down what I'm eating many times over the years and just never stuck with it. Since I'm on the computer quite often either at school or here at home, this seems like it will be a little more convenient. It does take a little time to enter everything -- you can't just type it in, you have to search for the specific food or what they have on record that's close to it with all the nutritional facts -- but for us it's been worth it in just the short time we've been doing it.

I'm obviously not trying to lose weight, since I'm expecting, but I do need to be MUCH more careful about what I'm eating. This has been good accountability for both of us.

Just thought I'd share that with you since it's been helpful for us.

Keep in touch! Love you!